Wednesday, June 22, 2011

There Has Been Good

      Husband and StepDaughter were gone up North for 9 days.  At first it was a welcome relief, but by the end of 9 days I was definitely ready to have them home.

      I wasn't sure how it would go since we had a couple of pretty strained phone conversations, but it was good.  The first hour we were back together was great.  I will give no details, as it was a physical reunion.  It's enough to say it was good. 

      We've had a number of happy, enjoyable outings lately.  We've played in fountains and gone swimming, gone to movies and to water parks.  There have been tense moments, but there have also been lots of wonderful, peaceful moments and moments of shared laughter.

      I have been making a concerted effort ot bond more closely with StepDaughter.  She seems pretty receptive.  Her attitude still grates on my nerves like crazy, but I'm trying to let more of it go.  Since she has so much attitude so much of the time, it will be impossible to strengthen our bond if I don't start ignoring the attitute.  And really, it makes sense to ignore it.  Heaven knows I shouldn't be giving her attention for it.

      There have been good, happy moments.  I'm holding on to the possibility that this can work out.  That with some work and growth, the good happy moments will overtake the negative ones.  Because all of us deserve that.

No comments:

Post a Comment